Art at the Castle Marouatte, July 22-31, 2022
V….Vaughan Workshop Registration
Contact V….Vaughan. ASAP. Text or call 512-917-0814 or email Vvaughan8@yahoo.com
TWO ways to REGISTER (call or text me FIRST, so I know you are coming):
1.) Print this form, then fill out and mail with your check for $500, payable to V….Vaughan (be sure to call or email me to save your spot):
V….Vaughan, 2606 Starling Dr., Round Rock, TX 78681
or 2). Fill out this form. Click “SAVE”. Rename with your name as the file name.
Email this page as an attachment to: Vvaughan8@yahoo.com
You may pay with: Venmo @vvaughan8 or Paypal @vvaughan8
Please check all that apply :
[ ] single occupancy artist (with workshop instruction) $3,100, $500 deposit ASAP. Balance $2,600 due on May 20, 2022)
[ ] single occupancy artist (with no instruction) $2,500, $500 deposit ASAP. Balance: $ 2,000 due on May 20, 2022)
[ ] non-painting companion $1,995, $500 deposit. Balance $1,495 due on June 1, 2022)
[ ] I wish to share a room with _____________________________ (combined $400 discount)
Artist Non-painting companion
Name ___________________________________ ____________________________
Email __________________________________ ____________________________
Cell phone ________________________________ ____________________________
Food Allergies_____________________________ ____________________________
Other special requests_____________________________________________________
Brief summary of your painting experience and goals for this trip:
Summary of costs and cancellation policy
7/22/22 to 7/31/22:
Week Includes: 9 nights lodging, ALL MEALS, including local wines and beer. and pick up and drop off at the train station in Angouleme. Medium and solvent for painters, use of easels in the on-site studio.
The week-long castle experience covers:
- All transport from arrival at Angouleme train station to departure 7 days later.
- All transportation to and from villages and painting locations each day.
- All meals including local wine/beer but no hard alcohol. The castle chef will accommodate special food needs like gluten free...
- Lodging at the castle (see the link!!) in private bedroom with private bathroom.
- Entry fees to sites, tax de sejour (tourist tax).
- And a full Painting Workshop with V....Vaughan.
Artist Attending Workshop: with ½ day instruction beginner to advanced: $3,100
For artists wanting a COMPREHENSIVE plein air experience. There will be a demo and art session each morning at the castle or nearby villages. You have the option of continuing to paint in the afternoons or to do other activities. Instruction includes sketching refreshers “Perspective Problem Solving”, “Grasping a Glance”….. Painting Workshop Topics include IN DEPTH “COLOR Starts and Studies”, “Working the Brush” and “Grasping a Glance With Color.
V….Vaughan is a painter and teacher in both oils and water media.
Non-artist companion: $2,050 (may share room with artist). Bring your non-painting partner or spouse, there will be opportunities to bike and visit vineyards for wine-tasting and other attractions.
*artists who travel together and share a room receive a $400 discount
What's NOT Included:
* airfare to Paris (or other France destination of your choice) (Do not book until notified).
* train from Paris (or wherever you fly into) to Angouleme Train Station (you will be met at this station by the Castle staff)
* personal expenses
* paints and art supplies (except painting mediums will be provided)
(information on how to pack your supplies to follow after registration.)
* items of personal nature (i.e. toiletries, hair dryer, etc.)
* optional museum, cave tour or entry fees on excursions
* trip Insurance (We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance in the event you need to cancel for some reason. Typically travel insurance must be purchased within 10-14 days of purchasing airfare) Check with your travel agent or research online.
Initial deposit of $500 to save your spot. This amount is fully refundable until April 15, 2022. Final final payment due June 1, 2022.
If you cancel after April 15, I will hold your deposit amount unless I am able to fill your seat in the workshop. If the seat is not filled, the deposit will be forfeited. Refunds cannot be granted due to weather or any other circumstances out of our control such as changes in travel arrangements or flights. For this reason, I highly recommend that you purchase a travel insurance policy.
We will LIVE at the castle,
and explore every day. The castle employs a chef who makes sure we eat like people who live in French castles!
The price includes your private room and bathroom, meals, local transportation, daily excursions and plenty of art instruction. Everything but airfare to France, (so use up those airline miles!)
Our group will be small.
My instruction plan is “Grasping Glances”. You know I love demonstrating and teaching Quick Impressions, Color Capturing, and accurate “seeing” and sketching. (I have supply list and much more info to send later).
If you have a friend who would like to do this, please forward this to them. These trips are MOST ENJOYABLE with friends!
Upon Receipt of downpayment, I will send art Workshop information and a supply list.
Now get really excited! Look at the castle WEB SITE!
Read every page and look at all the pictures!!